Ramadan Journal 2019 for Kids is here!!!

2019 UPDATE

Assalaam Alaikum wa Rehmatullahi wa Barkaatuh everyone,

Alhamdulillah I’m excited as well as humbled to announce that “My Perfect Ramadan Journal 2019 ” is ready for download!

I thank you all for being patient with me as I tried to cooperate with my husband in editing the Journal who is not in the same country as me (I had to unexpectedly leave home a couple of months ago). Let’s just say that I did not believe I could put up the revised Journal up on the blog. But Alhamdulillah that He assisted us in completing the project. I’m so happy and grateful to Allah that so many of you are benefiting from the Journal. May Allah accept it from all of us and bless all our children with all goodness and Imaan. Ameen.

Here’s my response to some frequently asked questions:

1. How to download the PDF?
Scroll down to the bottom of the post, click on the button “Download My Perfect Ramadan Journal”.

2. Can Ummi deliver hard copies of the Journal?
Unfortunately no. You will have to print out the Journal and bind it.

3. Is it available in Arabic or other languages?
Not yet, may Allah assist in making the Arabic version for next year.

4. At what age can you use this Journal?
Typically at seven. However, some children may use it earlier with a little help. Others may not be ready even at seven. Completely depends on the individual child.

5. Can you distribute or print the Journal in bulk for classroom or Masjid use?
Yes you can. Please read the “Terms of use” on the last page of the Journal.

6. What is new in 2019 version?
The typing errors have been corrected as well as a new cover page is introduced. The content remains the same.

2018 POST

I always wanted to make a meaningful Ramadan Journal for children.
Since my older child is now an independent reader, I ‘had’ to make a journal for her for this Ramadan. A journal that would enrich her Ramadan experience by increasing her knowledge about this blessed month as well as some basic concepts revolving around Ramadan. A journal that would also keep her occupied with interesting yet beneficial activities. I wanted to give her each day a portion of ‘Ilm along with a cup of imaan, so that she benefits her soul in Ramadan just as I do.

It took me a couple of months to brainstorm, write, edit, design and put this journal together. I have included topics that help build a foundation in her understanding of Ramadan such as explaining the pillars of Islam, what is Ramadan and how Quran is related strongly to this month, how was Quran revealed, why was it revealed, how do we to fast, why do we fast, what are the rewards of fasting, what is Laylatul Qadr, what is Sadaqah al-fitr, how to celebrate Eid, and so on.

To keep the journal fun and interesting I have also included a mini moon phase book, mind maps, Islamic stories with reading response, fast tracker, Ramadan calendar, good deeds chart, Ramadan journal prompts and much more.

I pray that it benefits her and all of you not just in Ramadan but also beyond the blessed month. Ameen.

DOWNLOAD “My Perfect Ramadan Journal 2019”

JazakumAllahu khair.

73 Comments

1. Zeba May 16, 2018

Assalamo Alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh
    Dear Sister in Islam.
    May Allah Grant you His pleasure. Subhanallah yesterday I received the PDF of the journal and it was amazing Masha Allah. I forwarded it to many and the response was overwhelming.

It has everything that one could imagine. I have seen various attempts like this by many, but this was way far ahead of them. May Allah increase you in Iman and taqwa. And the excellent part is that you kept it for free. My daughter is 15 now. I wish I had a little one and i could follow the book page by page, day by day.

Love you for the sake of Allah.
    (Will get prints for my niece and nephews)

• Umm Ayesha April 25, 2019

Wa Alaikum as salaam wa rehmatullahi wa barkaatuh dear sis Zeba,

Jazakillahu khair for your kind words. All praises and thanks are for Allah Alone.

I hope your niece and nephews enjoyed the journal.

Ameen to all your much needed du’aa. May for Whose sake you love me love you too.

2. Fatima May 16, 2018

This is the best Ramadan journal.I had been searching in amazon to order it but they were not good.

• Khaduja May 16, 2018

You are right Fatima. It is a really awesome recources for my kids that I feel this is the best website in the whole world. جزاكي الله خير

3. SAADIA May 20, 2018

This is a wonderful journal and I pray that Allah blesses you in this world and the next for this great contribution you have made to all the households by providing us with this great journal!

4. Sonam May 21, 2018

This is one of the best and most informative journals Ive come across for kids – you should consider publishing and selling this to modern Islamic stores!

• Umm Ayesha April 25, 2019

I would have definitely considered publishing it, however, my intention is always to make Islamic resources available for free for children. JazakAllahu khair!

5. Ayesha April 11, 2019

Assalaamu Alaykum… Jazakillah for sharing, I am blown away! Is it possible to get this journal in a hardcopy? If yes, please let me know. Jazakillah
    *MashaALLAH, I’m in awe of your efforts, dedication and love you invest in your children and then to top it all to share with us all so freely!

• Umm Ayesha April 25, 2019

Wa Alaikum as salaam Ayesha,

I’m sorry sis, we do not distribute hard copies. You will have to print out the PDF to use it.

Jazakillahu khair for your message. May Allah accept it from all of us.

6. Haya April 12, 2019

Great effort mashallah, I really like this journal and it’s encouragement and themes!
    Do you have the Arabic version of this journal so i can send it to my relatives?

• Umm Ayesha April 25, 2019

I do not have the Arabic version dear sis. I pray to Allah to make it possible for next Ramadan though inshaAllah. BarakAllahu feekum.

7. Ezo April 14, 2019

Still waiting for the 2019 version

• Umm Ayesha April 25, 2019

To be posted on Friday, 26th April inshaAllah.

8. Abdul khalek Vaid April 14, 2019

السلام عليكم و رحمت الله وبركا ته
    ماشا الله
    A remarkable effort.may Allah reward you abundantly for this wonderful book. I am confident that MANY will be inspired by this, انشا الله.
    I need permission to take some facts and ideas from here in presenting newsletters to students of DEEN
    انشا الله. Courtesy of ummi will be acknowledged.
    جزاكالله خير
    Was salaam
    Abdul khalek.

• Umm Ayesha April 25, 2019

Wa Alaikum as salaam wa rehmatullahi wa barkaatuh,

All pr

• Umm Ayesha April 25, 2019

Wa Alaikum as salaam wa rehmatullahi wa barkaatuh,

All praises and thanks are for Allah alone.

Please make benefit from the Journal, that’s the purpose of this blog. As long as conditions of use are met visitors do not need prior permission before distributing any material from the blog.

Ameen to all your du’aa.
      BarakAllahu feekum.

9. Lubna April 14, 2019

Need your permission to print and distribute your Ramazan booklet. I’m conducting a free ramazan workshop and intend to print and distribute your booklet for free without any changes in sha Allah. Might add the names of people who are contributing towards printing it

• Umm Ayesha April 25, 2019

Assalaam Alaikum Lubna,

Please go ahead and feel free to distribute the Journal. BarakAllahu feekum.

10. Mariam April 16, 2019

Salam alikom sister
    I seek for your acceptance to translate this beautiful ramadan journal to Arabic for the kids in our mosque in a totally voluntary purpose

Wa Alaikum as salaam sister Mariam,

Are you inshaAllah saying that you will translate this Journal into Arabic? Allah Akbar wa Lillahil hamd, please go ahead and do it, may Allah reward you. Would you inshaAllah please share the Arabic version with us on the blog so other Arabic speakers can benefit from it too?

11. Linda April 18, 2019

This is amazing and so wonderful mashallah. I love the idea and concept and my son would love to use this journal. Please tell me how can I download the pdf copy?

Assalaam Alaikum Linda,

Kindly come back on Friday, April 26th inshaAllah to download the updated and revised version of the Ramadan Journal. I pray that your son benefits and enjoys it inshaAllah.

12. Zeeshan Syed April 18, 2019

AS Salamu Alaikum Wr Wb Great PDF Ma shaa Allah , Your efforts in making the PDF is just unimaginable. Your thought process and themes for kids is job well done. Keep up the good effort. May allah reward you and bless you with good health .Jazakallah.

• Umm Ayesha April 23, 2019

Wa Alaikum as salaam, JazakAllahu khair for all your much needed du’aa. May Allah accept it from all of us and allow us to do more.

13. Siraj April 18, 2019

When will your Ramadan journal be posted?

• Umm Ayesha April 23, 2019

The updated and revised version of the Journal for 2019 will be posted on Friday, 26th April inshaAllah.

14. Saad bin khalid April 20, 2019

How can I get this journal 4 kids???????

• Umm Ayesha April 23, 2019

Please visit the blog on Friday, 26th April. I will upload the pdf file of the updated version of the Journal for download. Once you download you can get print out of it.

15. Fatima Reda April 20, 2019

Salam alaykum
    How can we get a hard copy of this journal.

• Umm Ayesha April 23, 2019

Assalaam Alaikum Fatima, you can download the journal on Friday (26th April) inshaAllah and print it out. We do not do hard copies.

16. Fatima April 20, 2019

Salam alaykum
    How can we get a hard copy of this journal.

17. nadia April 20, 2019

Do you have the ramadan planner updated w/ 2019 on it?
    I want to print it for our masjid kids by this THursday.
    The one online says 2018 on it, can you remove the 2018?
    Pls let me know asap.
    Thank you kindly and mashallah what beautiful work you have.

• Umm Ayesha April 23, 2019

Dear sis, kindly visit the blog on Friday (26th April) inshaAllah for a revised and updated version of the Journal. BarakAllahu feekum.

18. Madiha April 21, 2019

Jazakallah khairu for this wonderfully thought out planner! It has everything I’ve been looking for

19. Karim April 22, 2019

it would be great if u can please make it in arabic as well, i loved but my kids are Arabs already and was looking everywhere for something like that.

• Umm Ayesha April 23, 2019

Jazakillahu khair for your message. I will inshaAllah consider your request and work on it. However it won’t be possible to make an Arabic version for this Ramadan.

20. Amira April 22, 2019

Mashaa Allah, I’ve received this planner through one of my friends and I am glad I’ve found your blog. You have a lot of good materials for kids. Jazakom Allah Khairan dear and keep on the amazing work you do.

• Umm Ayesha April 23, 2019

Alhamdulillah, may Allah accept it from us and allow us to do much more for His sake. Please come back on Friday inshaAllah for the edited version of the Journal.

• Umm Ayesha April 23, 2019

Alhamdulillah sis, may Allah accept it from all of us. Please don’t forget to visit the blog again to get the updated and revised version of the Journal for 2019. InshaAllah I will put it up on Friday, 26th April

21. Umm Muhammad April 23, 2019

Assalamualaikum, I just want to say Jazakillahu khair wa barakallahu feeki for creating such an amazing ramadan journal! You have inspired me to create some activities for kids with some of the topics in the journal.

• Umm Ayesha April 23, 2019

Jazakillahu khair Umm Muhammad for your message. Alhamdulillah. Would you like to share with us the activities that you came up with for the kids? Perhaps other parents and I can benefit from it inshaAllah.

22. Mica April 23, 2019

Masyallah… great effort…
    Alhamdulillah… we’ll wait for your 2019 versin 🙂
    My kids love it!!!

• Umm Ayesha April 23, 2019

Jazakillahu khair sis for your comment. The 2019 version will be posted coming Friday (26th April) inshaAllah.

• Umm Ayesha April 23, 2019

Alhamdulillah I’m so happy to know that your kids love it. Please visit the blog on Friday, 26th April inshaAllah for the 2019 version.

• javeria April 26, 2019

salaam sis
        will the journal be released today?
        jazakAllah

• Umm Ibrahim April 27, 2019

Assalam u alaikum wrwb
        Still waiting for ramadan journal 2019! I refreshed your site so many times yesterday to check if you have uploaded the updated version lol waiting impatiently! May Allah bless you for all your efforts. Aameen

• Umm Ayesha April 27, 2019

Wa Alaikum as salaam wa Rehmatullahi wa Barkaatuh Umm Ibrahim,

I’m so sorry to keep you waiting. We tried our best to publish on Friday but we couldn’t. Alhamdulillah it’s uploaded now. Let me know inshaAllah if you were able to download it.
          Believe me I was just as excited as you to upload the 2019 version. Ameen to your du’aa. BarakAllahu feekum

23. Assalamualaikum warahmatullah, jazakumullahu for the planner and what's you posted in your blog. May Allah bless you. It would be great if you can please make it in Indonesia as well .. April 25, 2019

Assalamualaikum warahmatullah, jazakumullahu for the planner and what’s you posted in your blog. May Allah bless you. It would be great if you can please make it in Indonesia as well ..

• Umm Ayesha April 25, 2019

Wa Alaikum as salaam wa rehmatullah sis,
      If you can inshaAllah help me find sisters who can translate the Journal in Indonesian language then it would be great indeed.
      Jazakillahu khair and Ameen to your du’aa.

24. Haleema Sahdyah April 25, 2019

Assalam alikum dear sister congratulations on wonderfull work you doing for ummah. May Allah reward you ameen.
    Sister I was wondering if you provide the hard copy? As we need about 100-150 please.
    Jazakhallah Khair
    Haleema

25. Sameer April 26, 2019

Assalaamu alaikum

I hope you have completed Ramadan journal for 2019.
    Please share the date when it would be available online ?
    Is it possible to order copies of that, may be 10 or more ?

Jazakallah,
    Sameer

26. javeria April 26, 2019

salaam sis
    will you be releasing the ramadan journal today?
    jazakAllah

27. javeria April 26, 2019

salaam sis

will you be releasing the ramadan journal today?
    jazakAllah

• Umm Ayesha April 27, 2019

Alhamdulillah it is launched today, please download the file inshaAllah. BarakAllahu feekum

28. Amna Manzoor April 27, 2019

Amazing work by Ummi !!! great job- knowledge sharing is very valuable. Keep up the good work. Please share the concept of celebrating Eid in true islamic spirit too. Looking forward to it.

29. Nida April 27, 2019

اسلام وعليكم
    Is there any way we can get hard copy of Ramadan guide
    جزاك الله

30. Umme Muhammad April 28, 2019

A.a.w.w.

I pray you are in the best of health and the Almighty continues to take good work from you for the benefit of mankind. M.A. your work is amazing. May the Almighty reward you and accept your efforts.

Do you have an email to be able to contact you on?

• Umm Ayesha April 28, 2019

Wa Alaikum as salaam wa rehmatullah Umm Muhammad,
      Ameen to all your du’aa, jazakillahu khair

You can contact me at ummiblog1@gmail.com

31. Brigid April 28, 2019

Assalamu alaikum sister.
    This journal looks excellent. I’m looking forward to using it with my daughters inshaAllah. Often journals like this are rather bland or don’t have enough for different age ranges, but yours is colourful and interesting and I think will be good for all of our household inshaAllah.
    However, I have one small piece of feedback: at the section which talks about Zakat ul Fitr, you mention that “it is the father who gives this charity on behalf of all his family members”. While this is mostly true, unfortunately many households don’t have a father present, and this sentence could be a little sensitive or upsetting to children, depending on the circumstances. It’s more accurate to say “the head of the household” as that covers anyone, and the parent can explain what this means to the child.

Jazakillahkhair and may Allah reward you for your efforts and for each time somebody learns and benefits from your efforts ameen. X

• Umm Ayesha April 28, 2019

Wa Alaikum as salaam wa rehmatullah,

Jazakillahu khair sis for your comment. Your point makes a lot of sense and I felt the same way the last time I went through that content.

If your family or children will get upset about it then I will be very happy to send you a new pdf with the change being made in a couple of days. I certainly do not want any child to be upset in the blessed month especially because of my Journal. I will see if it is practical to upload it on the blog too for everyone.

BarakAllahu feekum.

• Brigid April 28, 2019

Jazakillahkhair sis that would be very much appreciated 🙂

32. Amir Hannan April 29, 2019

Assalamualaykum Sister

Jazakallah Khair for this wonderful booklet you have done and made available for us all to enjoy and teach our children too. I am based in Manchester UK and have shared it with colleagues. We have printed a sample copy of the 2018 version and made a short video so people can see what it actually looks like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sakTYtJuWA0

We are going to the printer today to make copies of it for people who have asked for it for their children, nieces and nephews in time for Ramadan. The local printers are charging £4 for each copy here in the UK. If anybody is around Manchester and would like a printed copy then

1) please send an email to administrator@bmhc.org.uk
    2) with the subject heading “My perfect Ramadan Journal 2019”
    3) and state how many copies you need and where you are based please.

We have told all that this is the cost price and as per your instructions, no profit is being made.

May Allah (SWT) reward you for all this work you have done and the pleasure and happiness it gives to all of us around the world.

Jazakallah

Amir

33. Mummy Ayu April 29, 2019

Assalamualaikum
    Subhanallah..it so beautiful and really full of good content. I received the 2018 journal and come here to get 2019. Thank you so much. And permission to share it to my blog.

34. Um Omar May 1, 2019

Assalamu alaikum dear sister

Ma Shaa’ Allah. Such a wonderful journal with so much thought and effort.
    I was searching online to find beneficial material for my son as well as his cousins.
    It’s like finding a treasure.
    May Allah reward you immensely for all your hard work and bless you, your family and loved ones .. Ameen.

Ramadan Mubarak : )

• Umm Ayesha May 2, 2019

Wa Alaikum as salaam Um Omar,

Jazakillahu khair and Ameen for your du’aa, may Allah accept it from us and allow us to do more for His sake.

May you and your children have a blessed Ramadan too.

35. Madeeha May 4, 2019

AoA,

I have purchased a set of ramadan journals for my children costing upwards of $50 CAD.

When my brother sent me this link, I was blown away.

THIS IS THE BEST RAMADAN JOURNAL I HAVE EVER SEEN!

From the love and meticulous details put into the stunning, soothing graphics, to the content of each and every page. It’s interactive, educational AND fun! I would pay the entire $50 I spent buying other magazines, on this one ALONE.

This is how I can tell that your actions are for the sincerity and love of Islam, and for the sake of Allah.

JazakAllah Khair for producing a quality magazine for our children.

• Umm Ayesha May 4, 2019

Wa Alaikum as salaam Sister Madeeha,

Alhamdulillah all the good is from our Lord alone. I’m happy you loved the Journal. I hope your kids enjoy and benefit from it InshaAllah.

May we all have a blessed Ramadan.

36. Nor S May 5, 2019

Assalamualaikum Sister,

Masya-Allah, good work on the Ramadan Journal 2019. My daughter loves it!
    Keep up with the wonderful work.

Thank you for your effort. Thanks for sharing!

• Umm Ayesha May 5, 2019

Wa Alaikum as salaam sister,

Alhamdulillah all goodness is from Allah Alone.

Happy to know your daughter loves it. Mine loves it too 🙂

37. Umm Jenin May 5, 2019

Assalamu Alaykum Ummi, Jazakillah khayr for the wonderful Journal. May Allah azza wa jall bless you and your family. I am going through the journal with my 9 years old daughter and printed it for her friends as well so they can go through together and maximize the benefit of the book this month of Ramadan.

• Umm Ayesha May 5, 2019

Wa Alaikum as salaam,

Alhamdulillah and Ameen to all your Dua’a. I’m so happy for the girls it’s a really good idea to come together to study as a group especially in Ramadan.

BarakAllahu feekum.

38. zakiyya May 6, 2019

This is wonderful, Thank you for sharing